Things I've Learned Over The Past Year...
1) That life throws you curves, just when you aren't expecting it. These curves are not always bad...but sometimes throw you off for a bit!
2) That kids can have strokes.
3) That there is this whole other world of parents of children who have had strokes.
4) That Leah is an amazing, persistent, feisty little girl.
5) I learned what Occupational Therapy was!
6) I've learned about the brain, like I've never thought I would. I learned about Neurologists, Hematologists, and Physiatrists.
7) I've learned about splints, braces, casting, and botox.
8) I've learned that Leah is going to be ok. In the beginning 'Hemiparesis' was such a scary thing. I would lay awake crying at night about her future. Well, I still have my sad and scared moments, I really can see how amazing Leah is going to do in her life.
9) I've learned that friends don't have to be physically near, or that you don't even have to have met them in real life. My Internet friends have been one of the most amazing sources of stability in my life through-out this past year. I would not have been half as calm as I am without you all.
10) I've learned that sometimes my heart hurts for Leah, but more times my heart beams with happiness and pride for her.
11)I've learned that I'm a lot stronger then I thought.
12)I've learned that I have the most amazing husband and family, who have cried with me and laughed with me more this year then any year before.
13) I've learned that I'm the luckiest girl in the world.
I'm sure there is more that I've learned that I'm forgetting, but I just wanted to thank everyone for a WONDERFUL year!
I hope everyone has a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Here's to an amazing 2009!
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Posted by Amanda at 5:00 PM