Thursday, June 12, 2008

PT Evaluation

Today, my heart hurts.
Therapy went OK, for Leah; for me it was hard.
We had an evaluation by another PT, she was great. I now feel completly comfortable and confident that she is the PT that needs to be working with Leah. I don't know why I was so upset watching her though, the entire session I was fighting back tears. She said that Leah looks good, that she is definitly on the very mild side, but that she is really locking her leg. I knew this, which is why I don't know why it is upsetting me. I guess it was a reality check. The PT also said that she would not need to see Leah weekly, but would rather do every other week. I feel like now that PT will be a consistant thing that we are one step closer to the possiblity of a brace. I know that a brace is a very likely reality, so I don't know why it bothers me so much. I think that I put it so far in the back of my mind and at times like today it starts to make an appearance and I start to freak out. Everything else the PT said is fine and I thought I was ready for all of it. I guess in the end, it doesn't matter what I'm ready for, but rather what Leah is ready for. She definitly needs the PT, so that is what we will do.

I spent the rest of the OT session fighting the tears.